Position: Director of Development
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Boys and Girls Country’s mission is to change the lives of children from families in crisis by loving and nurturing them in a Christian home, raising them to become self-sustaining and contributing adults.
Boys and Girls Country serves up to 88 boys and girls aged five to eighteen and 14 young adults in our College and Career program. Boys and Girls Country is located 35 miles northwest of Houston (www.boysandgirlscountry.org).
The Director of Development reports directly to the Chief Development Officer and works with a team of development professionals. They implement the development plan by engaging their assigned prospects, developing proposals, soliciting funds and stewarding donors.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deepen relationships with current and lapsed donors through on-going dialogue, solicitations and stewardship with a goal toward retention and possible upgrade
- Expand and further develop a base of support from individuals, corporations, foundations and volunteers
- Secure support for operating, capital, restricted, endowed, multi-year gifts and planned gifts
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Boys and Girls Country Endowment Board
- Help execute larger development-wide initiatives including participation in events
- Assist with the development of proposals, funding opportunities and collateral content
- Develop content for stewardship reports and planned giving collateral and implement program
- Collaborate with team to ensure goals are achieved in a timely basis
- Adherence to development best practices regarding a number of solicitations, visits/calls and call reports completed on a monthly basis
- Other duties as assigned
Critical Skills Set
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to function as a dependable team member.
- A thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of fundraising
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and an ability to vary communication strategy and tactics to meet the needs of various constituents.
- Ability to work efficiently on several projects simultaneously and prioritize deadlines.
- Strong customer service personality and work ethic.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Dedication to and passion for the mission of Boys and Girls Country; experience working with children in crisis preferred.
- 5+ years of professional fundraising experience.
- Must have the ability to implement a comprehensive plan and follow through on each detail.
- Must be highly organized and enjoy a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Sensitivity to confidential information and materials.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Products and Raiser’s Edge.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Valid Texas driver’s license and good driving history
- Must be cleared through criminal background and FBI fingerprint investigation.
- All staff who have contact with students must be tested for tuberculosis before the staff is assigned a responsibility to care for students
Job Type: Full-time
- Development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Hockley, TX (Required)
- 25% (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday