CAD Operator / Mechanical Designer wanted for Engineering / Manufacturing company in Tomball, TX
Premium Subsea and sister company Premium Solutions provide engineering design and manufacturing of Offshore and Industrial valves and specialty materials handling. We are seeking full-time 3D SolidWorks CAD Operator/ Mechanical Designer.
Experience / Education /Aptitude
- Associate degree or technical trade school formal training in 3D CAD plus minimum 2 years’ experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- Part modeling and detailing experience using SolidWorks and CAD file management. SolidWorks PDM system a plus
- Develop drawings from sketches and specifications. Knowledge of standard drafting practices, document control, engineering concepts and terminology.
- Perform FEA on components and assemblies.
- Highly motivated, organized, detail-oriented. Able to work with minimal supervision and adapt to change.
- Positive, team-oriented attitude and superior math, logic & communication skills. PC and MS Office a must.
- Pride in workmanship and quality and focus on completing jobs on time.
Essential Duties and Requirements
- Create and modify mechanical drawings and computer models using company standards to support manufacture of diverse equipment, including pressure-containing parts.
- Prepare drawings for castings and forgings, machined parts, manufacturing/assembly drawings.
- Coordinate with designers, technicians and production personnel to incorporate concepts and specifications into drawing packages. Explain drawings and analysis methods and results.
- Review drawings and analyses prior to passing on to Engineering - Responsible for accuracy.
- Ensure consistent documentation and CAD data management; abide by company’s revision control system and filing guidelines.
- Assist other shop/production departments in hands-on product assembly, testing, and prep for shipping as needed. Other duties as required by management.
-Great attendance and punctuality. Able to work overtime as requested. Required work authorization: United States
Pay based on experience and qualifications. Paid holidays, PTO and Health Insurance. Strict no-smoking/tobacco, no-alcohol and no-drugs policy. Qualified individuals, please send cover email and resume to:
Visit our website at www.premiumsubsea.com and sister company www.premiumvalves.com to see Premium’s wide range of high-quality products.